Naked Burglar Who Punched Women’s Teeth Out Headed To Prison

A man who broke into a family’s Bristol Township home while naked and then assaulted a woman in her bedroom is headed to state prison.

Anthony Thomas Clayborn, 30, of Bristol Township, was sentenced Monday to seven to eighteen years in prison after pleading guilty burglary, indecent exposure, assault, criminal trespass and prowling at night.

Clayborn admitted he was under the influence of methamphetamine when he broke into the Venice Avenue home at around 1:00 in the morning of April 20, 2019.

Police say Clayborn entered the home through a first-floor window and made his way to a female resident’s room. The woman awoke to Clayborn standing naked over her. When she screamed, Clayborn punched her in the face and fled. The punch knocked out one of the woman’s teeth and caused a cut to her lip.

Just prior to the Venice Avenue incident, Clayborn approached a woman on Lloyd Street, calling her “mommy” as he walked toward her. The naked man ran away when the woman poked him with an umbrella.

Police on their way to handle a report about the Lloyd Street encounter were diverted to the break-in.

Earlier that night, Clayborn was seen entering a shed in the rear of another home on Lloyd Street. He emerged from the shed without his shirt and jacket, according to police. He then approached the rear door and tried to open it but fled when a resident yelled for her fiancé. Clayborn then entered a neighboring residence through an unlocked rear door and went upstairs before fleeing when confronted.

Police took Clayborn into custody around 6 a.m. after finding him four blocks away wearing only a towel wrapped around his lower body.

Judge Diane E. Gibbons also sentenced Clayborn to a five-year term of probation concurrent to his prison sentence for a separate incident in which he exposed himself at the Wawa at 5900 Bristol Pike, Bristol Township.

Police responded to the convenience store in August 2018 to find Clayborn high on methamphetamine, wearing only pants and rambling about people chasing him with guns.

He pleaded guilty in that case in May, admitting to indecent exposure, disorderly conduct, open lewdness, and public drunkenness.